Defender from Taito

<emailgsr@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1125315470.515188.113580@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Never knew Taito did a knock off of Defender....or is this some kind of
> hack job? Thoughts...
> Not my auction:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/Defender-Taito-fully-working-arcade-game_W0QQitemZ6204584743QQcategoryZ13716QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Very popular at the time in Australia and New Zealand

--
Ian
The Pinny Parlour

IPM Invader - http://www.geocities.com/ipminvader

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

the joystick doesn't look original, from the flyer looks like it had one
similar to a berzerk bat.

anyone have one of these in a taito cocktail table?
email me

Troy,

<emailgsr@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Never knew Taito did a knock off of Defender....or is this some kind of
> hack job? Thoughts...
> Not my auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Defender-Taito-fully-working-arcade-game_W0QQitemZ620458
4743QQcategoryZ13716QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It was licensed by Taito. Check the RGVAC archives on Google.

Here's the flyer:
http://www.arcadeflyers.net/?page=flyerdb&subpage=thumbs&id=294

<emailgsr@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Never knew Taito did a knock off of Defender....or is this some kind of
> hack job? Thoughts...
> Not my auction:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/Defender-Taito-fully-working-arcade-game_W0QQitemZ6204584743QQcategoryZ13716QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Kinda pricey....I guess this would be considered "rare". Pretty cool
game.

For the asking price, I would at least expect to see pics of the sides
of the cabinet as well as one (at least) of the inside.

Steve P.

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

yeah, I think what $ is way out on line, these days. pics or no pics.
I would rather have a real defender for $400-500

but I would be interested in that cocktail version.

Troy,

"Troy" <troyl@lvcm.com> wrote in message
> yeah, I think what $ is way out on line, these days. pics or no pics.
> I would rather have a real defender for $400-500

Has Defender dropped that much in price?

Dane.

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

yeah, it's a same too.
the last defender cocktail I seen went for $500
and an upright went for $450

Troy,