Part Numbers for a Dell System

Andy

Hi all...Where do you find the part numbers for the parts in your Dell.
I have a Packing slip of course but none of the numbers listed seem to
be the part numbers...Thanks in Advance...Andy

For many of them, you can go to support.dell.com, enter your service tag
and choose "original configuration".

For others, you must look at the part itself.

Andy wrote:
> Hi all...Where do you find the part numbers for the parts in your Dell.
> I have a Packing slip of course but none of the numbers listed seem to
> be the part numbers...Thanks in Advance...Andy

The original configuration lists the major subassemblies of a Dell computer.
There is usually incomplete info about the exact makes/models of devices (e.g.
hard drive, CD-RW, etc) and the part number of low-level parts (e.g. mounting
brackets, drive trays)... Ben Myers

> The original configuration lists the major subassemblies of a Dell
> computer.
> There is usually incomplete info about the exact makes/models of devices
> (e.g.
> hard drive, CD-RW, etc) and the part number of low-level parts (e.g.
> mounting
> brackets, drive trays)... Ben Myers

<snip>

The OP can refer to the original configuration online, and then fill in the
gaps by looking at the specific part concerned; on either a barcode label or
stamped/molded into the parts themselves will be the 5-digit Dell part
number (D/PN). On bar codes, this number will usually reside right in the
middle of label among other numbers to the left and right.

Stew

TRENDING THREADS