Part Numbers for a Dell System

Hi all...Where do you find the part numbers for the parts in your Dell.
I have a Packing slip of course but none of the numbers listed seem to
be the part numbers...Thanks in Advance...Andy
3 answers Last reply
More about part numbers dell system

    For many of them, you can go to support.dell.com, enter your service tag
    and choose "original configuration".

    For others, you must look at the part itself.

    Andy wrote:
    > Hi all...Where do you find the part numbers for the parts in your Dell.
    > I have a Packing slip of course but none of the numbers listed seem to
    > be the part numbers...Thanks in Advance...Andy

    The original configuration lists the major subassemblies of a Dell computer.
    There is usually incomplete info about the exact makes/models of devices (e.g.
    hard drive, CD-RW, etc) and the part number of low-level parts (e.g. mounting
    brackets, drive trays)... Ben Myers

    > The original configuration lists the major subassemblies of a Dell
    > computer.
    > There is usually incomplete info about the exact makes/models of devices
    > (e.g.
    > hard drive, CD-RW, etc) and the part number of low-level parts (e.g.
    > mounting
    > brackets, drive trays)... Ben Myers

    <snip>

    The OP can refer to the original configuration online, and then fill in the
    gaps by looking at the specific part concerned; on either a barcode label or
    stamped/molded into the parts themselves will be the 5-digit Dell part
    number (D/PN). On bar codes, this number will usually reside right in the
    middle of label among other numbers to the left and right.

    Stew

Dell Computers