Never bought a laptop before and have only used prebuilt desktops so I dont know much D:
1. What is your budget? 700-1000
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? any decent size
3. What screen resolution do you want? any decent size, size/screen resolution doesnt mater much as long as its not that big or small and can play games pretty well.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Whats the difference? would be nice if it could replace a desktop like burning cds etc
5. How much battery life do you need? Few hours
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Mainly only League of Legends, 60fps med/high
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Possibly coding
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? Enough for downloading games, music,
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Not sure, as of now I just know of newegg, if theres any better ones give me suggestions! thanks
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? For a long time, not sure if theres such thing but would like to keep it for few years. A laptop that is good enough to keep up with everything without being outdated so soon.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? More the better, only need a DVd room to burn cds and play movies.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Anyone know whats the top brands or have time to explain some differences? i just know of sony, asus, acer and alittle more.