Windows xp firewall

Unable to open firewall, keeps coming up with an error message. Any ideas?

TIA
4 answers Last reply
More about windows firewall

    Hi

    What is the error message? Are you running any 3rd party Firewall ATM?

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "malacy finn" <mal_fin@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > Unable to open firewall, keeps coming up with an error message. Any
    > ideas?
    >
    > TIA

    "malacy finn" <mal_fin@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > Unable to open firewall, keeps coming up with an error message. Any
    > ideas?
    >
    > TIA

    More info is needed. The error message says something?- the pschic groups
    may be able to help now but the error messages will help others to
    understand what may be happening.
    There are other free firewalls you can consider using rather than the XP one
    (like Zonealarm) but only use one at a time.

    have you checked that the windows firewall and internet connection service
    is set to auto and started?

    Chelsea

    Due to unidentified problem windows is unable to start firewall is the box
    message. I cannot get further than that. I can't get into firewall to turn
    it on/off. Yes I do have another firewall installed as I couldn't start
    windows firewall. Any ideas?????
    > Hi
    >
    > What is the error message? Are you running any 3rd party Firewall ATM?
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "malacy finn" <mal_fin@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    >> Unable to open firewall, keeps coming up with an error message. Any
    >> ideas?
    >>
    >> TIA

Firewalls Windows XP Support Error Message Microsoft