ASUS K55VJ keyboard problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melvin_svk

Honorable
Nov 8, 2012
Hello,
I have a new notebook from ASUS with the chiclet version of the keyboard ... i spilled a bit of coke on it ... the keys are working but they are sticky from the inside (i guess) and i want to clean them up, but with this kind of a keyboard i have no idea how to remove the keys to get acces underneath them ...
pls help me

cl-scott

Honorable
From experience working as a repair tech before taking my current position, you're pretty much never going to get those back on if you take them off.

That said, did you by chance mean K55VM? If so, you can buy a replacement keyboard from the Asus eStore if you're in the US or Canada. It'd probably be a lot cheaper than the CID (Customer Induced Damage) charge you'd be assessed if you sent it in for an RMA since we're talking about liquid damage.

http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=5242

tinmann

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I'm not quite sure about that particular notebook but in most circumstances you'd have to take it apart and clean the rubber membrane between the keys and the circuit board beneath. Be careful, the ribbons that attach the keyboard to the motherboard can be a pita to get back in correctly if you take them out or they become disconnected.

Status
Not open for further replies.