Windows Folder on Restart

I'm not sure how this started happening, but when I log on to my computer
each morning, it takes a long time for it to get going and I think that's
related to the fact that now at every log-in, the Windows folder from
C://Windows pops up. I have no idea how this folder keeps popping up but
would be very interested in ways to stop this from happening. If you have any
tips, let me know. Thanks.

Hi,

Most likely a corrupt string in one of the run keys of the registry. Can you
please export and post the following keys:

To do this, start/run regedit, expand the branches to each key (do this one
at a time). Click on the key, then on file/export. Give it any name, then
save to the desktop. Once you have saved both keys, close the registry
editor. Right-click one of the saved files on the desktop, choose edit, it
should open in notepad. Click edit/select all/edit/copy. Open a response to
this post and click in the message text area. Hit ctrl+v to paste the
contents. Repeat for the other saved key, then send the post for
examination.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Marshmallow34" <Marshmallow34@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm not sure how this started happening, but when I log on to my computer
> each morning, it takes a long time for it to get going and I think that's
> related to the fact that now at every log-in, the Windows folder from
> C://Windows pops up. I have no idea how this folder keeps popping up but
> would be very interested in ways to stop this from happening. If you have
> any
> tips, let me know. Thanks.

Latest posts