Graphic card dead?

purpledust

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2005
I just did a clean install because my graphic driver made the comp crash. Now i cant install any nvidia driver or i cant get my comp to get to desktop, only get to a blank screen. Iam running with out any graphic drivers. Is there something wrong with my graphic card? Or is there something else that is wrong?

Specs.
2.4cpu
p4pe
nvidia ti4200card
512mem

A clean install of Windows? and you can't get to the desktop?

(\__/)
(='.'=) <A HREF="http://snipurl.com/fxwr" target="_new">Welcome to the House of Horrors, welcome to the House of a 1000 Corpses</A>
(")_(")

purpledust

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2005
the only time i can not get to the desktop is when i install any nvidia graphic drivers. If I install a graphic driver, the computer doesnt load to desktop onlys load to a blank screen.

lonelypauly

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2005
ah, very insightful oh Guru of THGC!

<b><font color=blue>Athlon64 3200+ Winchester/MSI Neo4 Platinum SLI/MSI 6800 Ultra/1 GB Kingston HyperX (Dual Channel)/74GB WD Raptor/600Watt Enermax Noisetaker/ Dual Mitsubishi 21 Inch Monitors</b></font color=blue>

purpledust

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2005
I;ve tried a different monitor but still no desktop, only a blank screen after loading screen. Im assuming its my graphic card, and will try a different graphic card when i get my hand on one. Thanks for the help tho Guru.