explorer has encountered a problem and must close

June 25, 2005 9:33:02 AM

when we are on the net, click a link, and then click out of that link we get
a pop-up that say explorer has encountered a problem and must close,then
kicks us out. we've tried emptying the cache,temp files,theres no viruses ect
what can we do?
Anonymous
June 26, 2005 9:51:02 AM

Go to Start/Run, and type: REGSVR32 URLMON.DLL Then open IE, Tools menu, Options, Program Tab, and click the "Reset Web Settings"
button.

To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type: SFC /SCANNOW
--
Mark L. Ferguson
"col" <col@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:87547A55-D3BB-4085-B95D-42AEEBCD4BD1@microsoft.com...
> when we are on the net, click a link, and then click out of that link we get
> a pop-up that say explorer has encountered a problem and must close,then
> kicks us out. we've tried emptying the cache,temp files,theres no viruses ect
> what can we do?

June 27, 2005 6:50:02 AM

sorry mark neither of these suggestions helped
we still have the same problem

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> Go to Start/Run, and type: REGSVR32 URLMON.DLL Then open IE, Tools menu, Options, Program Tab, and click the "Reset Web Settings"
> button.
>
> To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type: SFC /SCANNOW
> --
> Mark L. Ferguson
> "col" <col@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:87547A55-D3BB-4085-B95D-42AEEBCD4BD1@microsoft.com...
> > when we are on the net, click a link, and then click out of that link we get
> > a pop-up that say explorer has encountered a problem and must close,then
> > kicks us out. we've tried emptying the cache,temp files,theres no viruses ect
> > what can we do?

Anonymous
June 27, 2005 9:37:33 AM

Try an Upgrade, or Repair setup of XP.

If you run an XP "Upgrade"setup, from the original, or "Gold" version of the setup CD, and you have SP2 installed, it might go into
a setup loop, and you could lose your install. Uninstall SP2, BEFORE you Upgrade setup from CD (that lacks sp2 on it.)

875350 - How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875350

How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

--
Mark L. Ferguson