Black screen without icons, just cursor

Hi.

After ran system restore, the sys cant finish this process, we try in ran
system restore in safe mode, but after that, we cant see the windows logo,
just appear the mouse's cursor, we can use it, but no icons appear in system,
this occur also in safe mode and when try with last know good config.

Please any can help me?

Regards

How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

If you run an XP "Upgrade"setup, from the original, or "Gold" version of the setup CD, and you have SP2 installed, it might go into
a setup loop, and you could lose your install. Uninstall SP2, BEFORE you Upgrade setup from CD (that lacks sp2 on it.)

875350 - How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875350
--
Mark L. Ferguson