D-Link DI-624 - Problem with RF output???

My new DI-624c has been running for 3 days. Up until now, my PC has
been showing the received signal strength in the upper 80% range. All
of a sudden, the signal strength is down to around 20%. The PC and the
router are in the same room. Nothing has changed in terms of anything
being moved within the room. I have another PC and a DWL-2100AP
configured as a repeater, in other rooms within the house. I'm
conserned about degraded signal to them.

I'm not sure if there's something wrong with the DI-624, or if the RF
power output is suppose to back-off for some reason? Could it be a
thermal problem? The temp. within the room right now is 73.6 F. The
case temp. of the router doesn't seem to be overly warm to the touch,
either on top or the bottom.

Does anyone have any knowledge of, or experience with this issue?

Thanks!

- Dan -

BigJim

check to see if there is another wi-fi in the area if so try changing the
channel
could be wireless phones
"Dan Taylor" <danny@qnet.com> wrote in message
> My new DI-624c has been running for 3 days. Up until now, my PC has
> been showing the received signal strength in the upper 80% range. All
> of a sudden, the signal strength is down to around 20%. The PC and the
> router are in the same room. Nothing has changed in terms of anything
> being moved within the room. I have another PC and a DWL-2100AP
> configured as a repeater, in other rooms within the house. I'm
> conserned about degraded signal to them.
>
> I'm not sure if there's something wrong with the DI-624, or if the RF
> power output is suppose to back-off for some reason? Could it be a
> thermal problem? The temp. within the room right now is 73.6 F. The
> case temp. of the router doesn't seem to be overly warm to the touch,
> either on top or the bottom.
>
> Does anyone have any knowledge of, or experience with this issue?
>
> Thanks!
>
> - Dan -

According to a site survey from my laptop, there's two adjacent WAPs
in my neighborhood. One on channel 11 and one on channel 6. My stuff's
on channel 1. But, I have tried other channels, just for kicks.
Nothing has worked. Even unplugged the unit for about an hour, to see
if perhaps it would come back up to full power for a time. Nope. After
trying everything I have, I've got a sneaky hunch, the RF amp just
went south. I have 3 DWL-2100AP's that I've compared the signal with.
All of the 2100's are pretty much full strength. The 624 is running at
an RSSI of 42%, 1 foot away from my laptop. 5 feet away is one of my
2100's, showing 98%. Looks like it may just be defective? Thanks for
the response!

- Dan -