I want a laptop, but I'm not sure what kind or how much of one I need. I copied the FAQ to help figure it out.
1. What is your budget?
Cheap as possible that will handle my criteria
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Doesn't matter really. Nothing huge or really tiny.
3. What screen resolution do you want?
I'm not sure.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
Maybe 2 hours or so.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Probably not. If any just Age of Empires or something like that on default settings.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
I'd like it to be my music box as well as my laptop.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? Probably not much. I don't know that many songs and I'm not gonna cram it with programs.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
Till it won't turn on anymore.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc? Everything but stuff for Bluray.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
This laptop will mainly be used to surf the web, torrent stuff, and type a paper every now and again.
well, you can get the K55N from bestbuy - very good hardware for 400$ so web browsing and movies and flash won't be a problem.
however, you might want to to spend more and get a laptop with a good screen. ?