Dell 8400 - any reason to turn Hyperthreading ON in Bios?

I turned it on and rebooted and had to clear the darn BIOS to even
reboot. Video fan running at wild speed, crazy...

Cleared Bios to defaults with jumper and reset this along with booting
with USB and now it boots fine.

Anyone turn this option on in the BIOS with Dimension 8400 A05 Bios and
notice anything?

Thanks,
Patty
2 answers Last reply
More about dell 8400 reason turn hyperthreading bios

    pattyjamas@hotmail.com wrote:
    > I turned it on and rebooted and had to clear the darn BIOS to even
    > reboot. Video fan running at wild speed, crazy...
    >
    > Cleared Bios to defaults with jumper and reset this along with booting
    > with USB and now it boots fine.
    >
    > Anyone turn this option on in the BIOS with Dimension 8400 A05 Bios and
    > notice anything?

    I've been running my 8400 with HT=ON since it was delivered and upgraded
    to the A05 BIOS week or so ago - didn't notice anything unusual.

    Yup, got moine turned on and it is working okay. I think I had some
    initial problems with the PC that went away. Memory related me thinks.
    Thanks,
    Patty

Dell BIOS Computers