File Sharing and SP2 also MS ANTISPY and Shaw's F-secure 5..

June 25, 2005 2:33:02 PM

Ok I have two Pc's bolth with RealTech built in Lan cards hooked to a DI-604
Router and a G3 Mac and a Proforma 2100 all hooked together no more then
Fifty Foot Cables running throughout the House netting them to my Motorola
CableModem I got from Shaw..
I need to know why I cannot share between the two Pc's
the PCs bolth running XP home sp1a Upgraded to SP2 with all the little
Upgrades...

I get when ever I try to Init the file shareing I get you dont have access
privlages to this computer or like that.........
Anonymous
June 25, 2005 8:50:01 PM

Hey Justin, I'm also having a similar problem. The only difference is that
one of the computers in my network is running a SP1 version, and from that
computer I can see the shared folders that are in the computer running the
SP2, but not the opposite. So I guess that by uninstalling the SP2 we would
be able to have both PCs sharing folders in both computers. I acknowledge
that this is not the perfect solution, so I'm going to keep on searching. If
I ever get the answer for that I'll post it here.

"Justin Schubert" wrote:

> Ok I have two Pc's bolth with RealTech built in Lan cards hooked to a DI-604
> Router and a G3 Mac and a Proforma 2100 all hooked together no more then
> Fifty Foot Cables running throughout the House netting them to my Motorola
> CableModem I got from Shaw..
> I need to know why I cannot share between the two Pc's
> the PCs bolth running XP home sp1a Upgraded to SP2 with all the little
> Upgrades...
>
> I get when ever I try to Init the file shareing I get you dont have access
> privlages to this computer or like that.........
Anonymous
June 26, 2005 7:14:48 AM

In article <F32A5626-E634-458F-88B6-AD5C3B1D2710@microsoft.com>,
Justin Schubert <jjhcs1@shaw.ca> wrote:
>Ok I have two Pc's bolth with RealTech built in Lan cards hooked to a DI-604
>Router and a G3 Mac and a Proforma 2100 all hooked together no more then
>Fifty Foot Cables running throughout the House netting them to my Motorola
>CableModem I got from Shaw..
>I need to know why I cannot share between the two Pc's
>the PCs bolth running XP home sp1a Upgraded to SP2 with all the little
>Upgrades...
>
>I get when ever I try to Init the file shareing I get you dont have access
>privlages to this computer or like that.........

It's hard to say what's wrong -- we don't know how you're trying to
access one PC from the other one, how you've configured your network,
or the full text of the error message.

Run the Network Setup Wizard on the two PCs. If the Wizard detects a
shared Internet connection (the router), tell it to use that
connection. Otherwise, tell it that the computers connect to the
Internet through a residential gateway.

If there's a firewall program (Norton, McAfee, PC-cillin, ZoneAlarm,
Sygate, etc) on either PC, configure the program to allow file and
printer sharing on the local area network.
--
Best Wishes,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
!