getting a new handset for free?

I've been a customer of Fido for almost 2 years now. Can I get a free
replacement handset the way it used to be or is that impossible to do
now?

Look at the handsets on the Fido site. If you go on contract you can
get one for free or nearly free.

Otherwise, the old Handset Upgrade Program is dead. You could use any
FidoDollars that you have accumulated to help buy a new handset of
course.

Once they hear that you want to move to Bell the free handsets will come out

"Inno" <innodubelaar@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
> Look at the handsets on the Fido site. If you go on contract you can
> get one for free or nearly free.
>
> Otherwise, the old Handset Upgrade Program is dead. You could use any
> FidoDollars that you have accumulated to help buy a new handset of
> course.

I'm not sure of the timeframe that you have to have been a Fido customer but
I received a flyer a few months ago that mentioned that I could get a phone
upgrade for the same price as new customers provided that I agree to a 2
year contract. I agreed to the contract since I was more interested in
getting the enhanced Rogers coverage for free for the duration of the
contract (which they included in their promotion). I was also interested in
locking my price for the unlimited incoming plan. With the phone that I
picked, I just unlocked it and sold it for $100 since the 3 phone choices
that they offered would actually have been a "phone downgrade" for me
because I'm using a Treo600.

Inno wrote:

> Look at the handsets on the Fido site. If you go on contract you can
> get one for free or nearly free.
>
> Otherwise, the old Handset Upgrade Program is dead. You could use any
> FidoDollars that you have accumulated to help buy a new handset of
> course.

Alright. Between the 3 free handsets, which one would you guys suggest?

TOM the TAXMAN wrote:

> Once they hear that you want to move to Bell the free handsets will come out

Sure about that? I once tried to bluff my way out of paying the 25$ fee
when switching from Pre-paid to a monthly package.. When I said I'd
rather cancel instead they were like "sure". :p

> "Inno" <innodubelaar@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
> > Look at the handsets on the Fido site. If you go on contract you can
> > get one for free or nearly free.
> >
> > Otherwise, the old Handset Upgrade Program is dead. You could use any
> > FidoDollars that you have accumulated to help buy a new handset of
> > course.

TRENDING THREADS