VGA Heatsink Parts?

sc2071

Distinguished
May 20, 2005
I'm a noob when it comes to cooling my VGA card, and the rest of my PC for that matter. I tried to apply some Arctic Silver to my VGA cards fan in heatsink. Their website suggests using Isopropal Alcohol to clean off the old junk first. Well, the nVidia 6600GT I have has these weird rubber squares on the heatsink, so that it connects to the RAM. I think the alcohol didn't agree with that too well, and I might need to buy some replacements. The only problem is, I have no idea what to go buy?!? What is that rubber material?

Can anyone give me some advice? Thanx!

sc2071

Distinguished
May 20, 2005
The issue is the heatsink on the video card doesn't make direct contact with the memory chips. So the manufacturer, MSI, attached some sort of silicone or rubber square so that it connects.

I may need to buy some more of that material they used, but I have no idea what it is. Any ideas?

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
If you've removed it, you may as well replace it with something. Get a VGA silencer (one intended for your card model of course)

Doubt you'd get that much improvement from just using AS with the stock HS.

---
<font color=red>(") This is bunny's foot. Wingding ate the rest of him. At least he's now a good luck charm.</font color=red>