How do i Turn the speed down on my cd/dvd drive?

I have a combo drive. I want it to burn at 4x speed instead of 8 or 16. I
have an e-machine, double layer burner by oak technologies?

How to Set the Write Speed for a CD-R Drive in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309522

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Dawn Davenport" wrote:

| I have a combo drive. I want it to burn at 4x speed instead of 8 or 16. I
| have an e-machine, double layer burner by oak technologies?

Carey,
Thank you very much! I will give it a try.
Dawn