Help - Galaga Boot Sequence resetting

I have read other posts regarding this topic and they all indicate that
the fix seemed to be to increase the volts to the board as far up as
5.5

The problem is this: Everytime I turn the power on to the game, I get
the normal pixelized screen and then I get the ROM OK message. After
that message appears for about 1 second, the boot sequence starts up
all over again. This will stay in boot mode for as long as I leave the
machine on.

I have found one trick that gets the game to come on but I really don't
want that to be the permanent fix for obvious reasons. If, while the
game is in the pixelized screen portion of the boot sequence, I quickly
toggle the power off/on, the game will go through one boot sequence and
go right to the start screen.

Because of the hack fix, I am inclined to believe it is some sort of
power issue and not a chip issue. However, I am willing to pull the
chips if folks feel that is the only other thing that could be causing
the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

On 31 Aug 2005 11:06:41 -0700, "BigDog" <kevinlavallee@adelphia.net>
wrote:

I had this problem on an original Midway Galaga board set and it was
down to a couple of bad program ROM sockets on the CPU (top) board.

Sounds like a power issue.
Mine boots the same way then locks at ROMS OK.
I have to leave it like that for about 10 minutes to warm up, then booting
is fine.
I can't adjust the DC voltage because I'm running a PC power supply on it
with no adjustment.