Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
That is a heat related issue (as you seem to be aware). The most likely scenario here is that dust bunnies have formed inside your heatsink/fan area. Attempting to clean it by blowing air through it won't clear them once they've formed. Disassembly and cleaning is your best bet here. There seems to be little information on disassembling your laptop - some are very easy such as my Vaio, some (even other Vaio's) are not so easy.
If you are at all intimidated by the thought of opening your laptop, you should seek out a qualified repair shop nearby that wil do it for you.
Also, make sure it is on a hard, flat surface (or cooling pad is best) to allow airflow into the vents on the bottom
That is a heat related issue (as you seem to be aware). The most likely scenario here is that dust bunnies have formed inside your heatsink/fan area. Attempting to clean it by blowing air through it won't clear them once they've formed. Disassembly and cleaning is your best bet here. There seems to be little information on disassembling your laptop - some are very easy such as my Vaio, some (even other Vaio's) are not so easy.
If you are at all intimidated by the thought of opening your laptop, you should seek out a qualified repair shop nearby that wil do it for you.
Also, make sure it is on a hard, flat surface (or cooling pad is best) to allow airflow into the vents on the bottom

Solution
G

Thanks i opened it up and cleaned out the fan and checked out the thermal paste which looks like it was just smacked on real quick and closed up. I just ordered some new paste so hopefully that will help. I'll find out tomorrow when it gets here. :)

G

**UPDATE**
I replaced the thermal paste with some atric 5 silver and it helped a bit. Idle temps are around 50c for my cpu and around 60 for the gpu and while playing WoW its went up to about 80c for the cpu and 90c for the gpu. The idle temps use to be the same as when i was playing a game.

G

**UPDATE** The GPU temps were getting really high (100c+) so i opened the laptop again and found out the heatsink wasn't even making contact with the thermal paste. I added more and made sure the heatsink was screwed on tight and tried it again. Temps are very nice now, idle 40-50c for both CPU and GPU and while playing WoW they are CPU 60-70c and GPU 70-80c sometimes 90c if i have some extra stuff running in the background. I also plan on buying a cooling pad in a couple weeks. Thanks for the help C12 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.