Blank Screen at Startup

Tags:
  • Windows XP
June 25, 2005 10:27:03 PM

My PC used to work fine but now during startup displays the XP splash screen
then goes blank from then on. XP does start ( plays startup sound) and I can
shutdown normally using the keyboard, but there is just a black screen. The
same thing happens in Safe Mode but instead it keeps displaying the list of
loaded drivers. Any help/insight in resolving this problem is welcome and
greatly appreciated.

More about : blank screen startup

June 25, 2005 10:37:02 PM

This indeed could be your harddrive as well, my computer has gone wrong
since I've bought it, contact your computer company and tell them you think
you need a new harddrive.
June 26, 2005 1:34:39 AM

In news:4A31CDE9-5D00-4098-B481-FB78A1C0AB06@microsoft.com,
Morefire <Morefire@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> My PC used to work fine but now during startup displays the XP splash
> screen then goes blank from then on. XP does start ( plays startup
> sound) and I can shutdown normally using the keyboard, but there is
> just a black screen. The same thing happens in Safe Mode but instead
> it keeps displaying the list of loaded drivers. Any help/insight in
> resolving this problem is welcome and greatly appreciated.

Press CTRL + ALT + Delete, in the task manager file - new task and type
explorer.exe... Does that bring up your desktop?

Galen

Sherlock Holmes
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 5:24:03 PM

After the BIOS and XP loading screen is displayed, there is just a black
screen, no display, not even the mouse pointer, but xp does load and plays
the startup music and I can shutdown blindly using the keyboard, but there is
no display so i cant see the task manager. maybe the onboard video is going
bad?

!