Kingston Rolls Out New SSDNow V+ Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

nachowarrior

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
I third the opinions on high price point. It's just annoying that ssd's don't seem to come down in price nearly as quickly as many other PC techs are, well, considering price vs performance anyway.

G

Yes, what about the controller? As far as I've heard it's Samsung, so don't expect miraculous performance ;]

viometrix

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2009
as far as i understand these use similair technology to usb flash drives with a hard drive interface.... the flash technology is super cheap, so why so exspensive for a solid state drive... and if they replace regular hard drives too fast, no one will be able to afford a computer

martel80

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2006
[citation][nom]VioMeTriX[/nom]as far as i understand these use similair technology to usb flash drives with a hard drive interface.... the flash technology is super cheap, so why so exspensive for a solid state drive... and if they replace regular hard drives too fast, no one will be able to afford a computer[/citation]
Because to reach speeds like this you need many smaller flash chips (working in parallel) while in a USB drive, one big chip is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.