HELP! After defrag I boot get stuck at XP logo screen!

Tman

Hello,

I hope someone can help! I have been running XP fine for the past week on
my new rig, until today. I downloaded a 30 day trial version of Third-party
Defrag app. (reputal company) and used it to defrag my system. However,
after I rebooted the machine Windows no longer loads. The loading gets to
the ZP logo screen but it everything else seems locked up. The little blue
progress bar stop, num lock does not turn on or off and the HD light is on.

I am able to boot into Safe mode...

Where do I start? What could have gone wrong?

From safe mode command prompt, run CHKDSK /R

--
Mark L. Ferguson