Cannot delete a file

A 4 KB Windows XP NTFS file cannot be deleted. Access denied.

Other files on that disk partition are ok.

How do I kill it? I tried the old dos chkdsk but it doesn't show
any problem. Partition Magic won't touch the partition that
has the bad file -- tells me to got talk to the op system :-)

Mason C
2 answers Last reply
More about cannot delete file

    On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 09:11:25 GMT, Mason A. Clark <masoncERASETHIS@ix.netcom.com>
    wrote:

    >A 4 KB Windows XP NTFS file cannot be deleted. Access denied.
    >
    >Other files on that disk partition are ok.
    >
    >How do I kill it? I tried the old dos chkdsk but it doesn't show
    >any problem. Partition Magic won't touch the partition that
    >has the bad file -- tells me to got talk to the op system :-)
    >
    > Mason C

    Oops. Rebooting made it disappear. Sorry to bother you.

    ( I boot-start lots of programs so was inhibited from re-booting.)

    Mason C

    "wholockme" will tell you what process is stopping the file from being
    deleted and give you the opportunity to kill the process, thus allowing you
    to delete the said file.

    You can find the program here:

    http://www.dr-hoiby.com/WhoLockMe/index.php

    NIK

    "Mason A. Clark" <masoncERASETHIS@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
    >A 4 KB Windows XP NTFS file cannot be deleted. Access denied.
    >
    > Other files on that disk partition are ok.
    >
    > How do I kill it? I tried the old dos chkdsk but it doesn't show
    > any problem. Partition Magic won't touch the partition that
    > has the bad file -- tells me to got talk to the op system :-)
    >
    > Mason C

Partition Windows XP