Tech: Spy Hunter - NO THEME MUSIC

I have a fully working Spy Hunter except one problem. The theme music
does not play. All other sound is perfect. What can I replace to fix
this? Is it the sound board in the main PCB stack?

Do a sound channel test in self test mode. Test all the sounds too. You
need to determine if you have an entire channel out or just that one
sound for sure. The last time I did one with channel 4 out, I thought
the same thing. Till I did the individual tests and found 3 more sounds
gone.

The better you pinpoint the missing info in self test, the easier it
will be to know exactly where to start looking.

- Matt

Fools! <reggietaylor@wi.rr.com> wrote:
: I have a fully working Spy Hunter except one problem. The theme music
: does not play. All other sound is perfect. What can I replace to fix
: this? Is it the sound board in the main PCB stack?
:
It's the separate board with the 68k on it.

IIRC, it a cheap squeak deluxe.. (Other MCR3s also used the sounds good,
cheap squeak and turbo cheap squeak)

--
Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu