Automatically fix file system errors?

Simon

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2001

Hi there,
can anyone please tell me what happens when i tick the check box
"automatically fix file system errors" in the error checking part of the
tools menu in windows xp homeand follow the information.Seems a silly
question i know but as relative novice compared to the rest of you i have
never done this before.
is it safe to do so for someone with limited knowledge like my self.
i have used defrag and have used the "scan for and attempt recovery of bad
sectors" function with no problems.
many thanks
Simon

After you check that, it creates files out of any fragments found that can't be recovered, and fixes the rest, as needed. (*.CHK
files)

--
Mark L. Ferguson