How does one "capture" a screen or window?

There is a symptom that I would like to post for help with, but don't know
how to do this.

I am having trouble with proper font display, and the only way to show what
the problem exactly is will require posting it.

TIA

Hi

Try the 'PrtScn' key or to capture the active window try Alt + PrtScn. Then
open MS Paint and you can save it in various formats.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Ferdy" <fredjr1@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> How does one "capture" a screen or window?
>
> There is a symptom that I would like to post for help with, but don't know
> how to do this.
>
> I am having trouble with proper font display, and the only way to show
> what the problem exactly is will require posting it.
>
> TIA

OK, got it. Thanks.

Now, where can I post it for help? I know posting a binary file here will
be frowned upon--

> Hi
>
> Try the 'PrtScn' key or to capture the active window try Alt + PrtScn.
> Then open MS Paint and you can save it in various formats.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Ferdy" <fredjr1@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>> How does one "capture" a screen or window?
>>
>> There is a symptom that I would like to post for help with, but don't
>> know how to do this.
>>
>> I am having trouble with proper font display, and the only way to show
>> what the problem exactly is will require posting it.
>>
>> TIA

most user accounts have web space provided by your ISP. save it in your user
space and provide a link.
Or there are services where you can post pics and provide a link to it. I've
seen it done for large movies. Try a web search.

> OK, got it. Thanks.
>
> Now, where can I post it for help? I know posting a binary file here will
> be frowned upon--

>> Hi
>>
>> Try the 'PrtScn' key or to capture the active window try Alt + PrtScn.
>> Then open MS Paint and you can save it in various formats.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "Ferdy" <fredjr1@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>>> How does one "capture" a screen or window?
>>>
>>> There is a symptom that I would like to post for help with, but don't
>>> know how to do this.
>>>
>>> I am having trouble with proper font display, and the only way to show
>>> what the problem exactly is will require posting it.
>>>
>>> TIA

OK--

Here is the link to the screenshot, and an explanation of the problem--

http://img218.echo.cx/my.php?image=screencapture4jm.png

If you'll notice the line above the radar image, the fonts are "over" one
another. This is not the only screen or page that displays this phenomena.
Other pages or windows will also sometimes be missing fonts, have fonts that
are cut off, or otherwise do not display properly.

I have tried changing to different fonts, adjusting monitor settings,
turning Clear Type on and off, all with no success. I've also gone to the
video adapter's website (ATI Radeon X300) and downloaded and installed the
latest driver set, no success.

Does anyone know what may be causing this?

Also, if there would be a more appropriate newsgroup to post this to, please
advise.

Thanks very much for your help.

Ferdy
"Alan Smith" <alan@hidden.email> wrote in message
> most user accounts have web space provided by your ISP. save it in your
> user space and provide a link.
> Or there are services where you can post pics and provide a link to it.
> I've seen it done for large movies. Try a web search.
>

> "Ferdy" <fredjr1@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>> OK, got it. Thanks.
>>
>> Now, where can I post it for help? I know posting a binary file here
>> will be frowned upon--
>>

>> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Try the 'PrtScn' key or to capture the active window try Alt + PrtScn.
>>> Then open MS Paint and you can save it in various formats.
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Will Denny
>>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>>

>>> "Ferdy" <fredjr1@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

I got sick of waiting for the image- how big is that file?

Have you tried removing the driver? Does it display properly (lower
resolution/colour depth)?
Reinstall after complete removal.

> OK--
>
> Here is the link to the screenshot, and an explanation of the problem--
>
> http://img218.echo.cx/my.php?image=screencapture4jm.png
>
> If you'll notice the line above the radar image, the fonts are "over" one
> another. This is not the only screen or page that displays this
> phenomena. Other pages or windows will also sometimes be missing fonts,
> have fonts that are cut off, or otherwise do not display properly.
>
> I have tried changing to different fonts, adjusting monitor settings,
> turning Clear Type on and off, all with no success. I've also gone to the
> video adapter's website (ATI Radeon X300) and downloaded and installed the
> latest driver set, no success.
>
> Does anyone know what may be causing this?
>
> Also, if there would be a more appropriate newsgroup to post this to,
> please advise.
>
> Thanks very much for your help.
>
> Ferdy
> "Alan Smith" <alan@hidden.email> wrote in message
>> most user accounts have web space provided by your ISP. save it in your
>> user space and provide a link.
>> Or there are services where you can post pics and provide a link to it.
>> I've seen it done for large movies. Try a web search.
>>

>> "Ferdy" <fredjr1@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>>> OK, got it. Thanks.
>>>
>>> Now, where can I post it for help? I know posting a binary file here
>>> will be frowned upon--
>>>

>>> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message

One thing I don't believe was mentioned was font size.

Load up Internet Explorer, click on View then Text size.