roaming = battery drain?

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
April 5, 2005 12:54:06 PM

G'day.
It might be a coincidence, but I've noticed that my phone stays on
Rogers more often (as expected with Rogers shutting down Fido towers.)
However I also noticed that my battery on my V400 seems to be draining
faster. I vaguely remember something about phones constantly searching
for their home network. Could this be true. Could the phone be draining
its battery more quickly because it is constantly "chattering" with the
network looking for a Fido tower?

ESC

More about : roaming battery drain

April 5, 2005 12:54:07 PM

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 08:54:06 -0400, EC <ec@hotmail.com> wrote:

>G'day.
>It might be a coincidence, but I've noticed that my phone stays on
>Rogers more often (as expected with Rogers shutting down Fido towers.)
>However I also noticed that my battery on my V400 seems to be draining
>faster. I vaguely remember something about phones constantly searching
>for their home network. Could this be true. Could the phone be draining
>its battery more quickly because it is constantly "chattering" with the
>network looking for a Fido tower?

Do you have automatic network selection or manual with one network or
the other. If you are on one network and it's attempting to access
it's home network if that network is weak the handset will try harder
to hone in on that signal so yes your battery will drain more quickly.