Price Check: Taito Stratovox

Trying to work out a deal with a neighboor for some game he has in his
garage. Turns out to be a Taito Stratovox that works ok but could use a
good cleaning. CP 6/10 and cabinet is a 6 or 7/10. Haven't played this
game, is it worth trying to buy it? What's a fair price? Thanks.

Chris M

Stratovox is one of my favorites (have both an upright and cocktail),
but I'm in the minority... which is to say it's probably got a resale
value of $125 or so in that condition. A fun game to have, though. I
never get tired of the low bit rate samples.

Seth
pgh, pa

www.mame.us

Relatively significant game. One of the first with color graphics and
sound. Never played one. They do not get much love. I don't think I
have ever seen one sell for more than $200.

Brian

"Lucky, Lucky, Lucky," has to be one of the most oft quoted game lines
among my friends. I can't begin to count how many times we'd have a
near miss in the car, *almost* crash a model plane, make a basket from
across the room throwing trash away, you name it, and right afterwards
someone was bound to say, Lucky, Lucky, Lucky, in that robotic monotone
voice. Good times.....

Get that game, it's not the most valuable collector piece ever, but has
a great classic feel and gameplay.

Mike Doyle

I let mine go for **$10** a couple weeks ago on ebay. Granted, it was
non working and without monitor. Which reminds me..

Does anyone need cabinet parts from an upright stratavox? The guy that
bought it is <gasp> going to strip it down, paint it, and turn it into
a MAME cab. I wouldn't have even sold it if I knew that was going to
happen, but hey.. what can I do, he was the high bidder. But I'm sure
he'll sell misc. parts to someone that needs them (monitor glass,
marquee, CP, etc.) or maybe just swap cabs for another empty cab.
located in SE MI.. let me know and I'll contact him

Thanks for the feedback.

Chris

"cnlmoore" <cnlmoore@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Trying to work out a deal with a neighboor for some game he has in his
> garage. Turns out to be a Taito Stratovox that works ok but could use a
> good cleaning. CP 6/10 and cabinet is a 6 or 7/10. Haven't played this
> game, is it worth trying to buy it? What's a fair price? Thanks.
>
> Chris M

One just sold on Ebay in good condition and working for $93.00

"cnlmoore" <cnlmoore@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Trying to work out a deal with a neighboor for some game he has in his
> garage. Turns out to be a Taito Stratovox that works ok but could use a
> good cleaning. CP 6/10 and cabinet is a 6 or 7/10. Haven't played this
> game, is it worth trying to buy it? What's a fair price? Thanks.
>
> Chris M

One of my favorite games too! I paid $100 for mine and then spent $50 for
the correct coin door, but my game is an 8/9. If it is sitting a friends
garage and it is only a 6 or a 7, he should give it to you for $50-$75.
Lucky, Lucky, Lucky . . . .

Steve

"Seth, pgh pa" <pajamma@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Stratovox is one of my favorites (have both an upright and cocktail),
> but I'm in the minority... which is to say it's probably got a resale
> value of $125 or so in that condition. A fun game to have, though. I
> never get tired of the low bit rate samples.
>
> Seth
> pgh, pa
>
> www.mame.us

I've also got one I'm going to strip...

I hope to get that done this weekend...

<micrologix1500@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I let mine go for **$10** a couple weeks ago on ebay. Granted, it was
> non working and without monitor. Which reminds me..
>
> Does anyone need cabinet parts from an upright stratavox? The guy that
> bought it is <gasp> going to strip it down, paint it, and turn it into
> a MAME cab. I wouldn't have even sold it if I knew that was going to
> happen, but hey.. what can I do, he was the high bidder. But I'm sure
> he'll sell misc. parts to someone that needs them (monitor glass,
> marquee, CP, etc.) or maybe just swap cabs for another empty cab.
> located in SE MI.. let me know and I'll contact him

TRENDING THREADS