Cannot share printers on home network

I've been on a home network with my wife using a router for years--but we've
NEVER been able to access each other's printers. We've tried many different
configurations but nothing seems to work.

Is there anyone out there who really knows how to do this? We would be
gratefully appreciative.

Paul
1 answer Last reply
More about cannot share printers home network

    "Paul" <kozure.okami@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > I've been on a home network with my wife using a router for years--but
    > we've
    > NEVER been able to access each other's printers. We've tried many
    > different
    > configurations but nothing seems to work.
    >
    > Is there anyone out there who really knows how to do this? We would be
    > gratefully appreciative.
    >
    > Paul

    There are lots of ways that printers can be connected, serial port, parallel
    port, USB, Network hub connection etc. And some models can't be shared- I
    have a Panasonic laser that can't- but my Epson Inkjet has instructions on
    how to share.

    So it depends.

    That's really as much as can be said since you haven't really given any
    info, apart from look at the website for your unnamed prineter
    manufacturers- if they are like Epson there may be help there. If not email
    their support- that is what it is there for- but do tell them what printer
    you are using.

Support Microsoft Printers Windows XP