Re-installing SP2

June 26, 2005 12:25:02 PM

After recovery of my XP (Home) with SP1 included, I went to Windows update
and it is showing about 24 High Pri updates but nothing about SP2? Should I
install these updates? And when does it offer me the SP2 update? Thanks.

More about : installing sp2

Anonymous
June 26, 2005 2:27:54 PM

SP-2 may need to see other updates before it will install with Express
Installation.
Instead download SP-2 and burn to CD or order SP-2 on CD, Step 1 on this
link:

Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
http://www.dts-l.org

"Decoder" <Decoder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After recovery of my XP (Home) with SP1 included, I went to Windows update
> and it is showing about 24 High Pri updates but nothing about SP2? Should
> install these updates? And when does it offer me the SP2 update? Thanks.
Anonymous
June 26, 2005 2:27:55 PM

OK, thanks Jupiter Jones. I will ignore the Express updates for the time
being and go stright to the SP2 install which I do have on CD.
I had originally installed SP2 by downloading from the update site but had
also ordered SP2 on CD which I never used. Thanks again and have a good day.

!