XP Media Center doesnt recognize bootable floppies

Mac

Hi,
My toshiba laptop has OEM version of XP media center 4.0. It crashed
recently when i was using partition magic. It wont boot now and would display
BSOD.
I downloaded set of bootable disks for XP Professional (since there is none
for XP media center) using
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=55820EDB-5039-4955-BCB7-4FED408EA73F

But it wont let me install. It would ask for third floppy and than i would
get never ending message of "Please Wait".

I went to support of partition magic and they say that i have to run chkdsk
/f to repair it. So kindly let me know what should i do to get recovery
console.

I am sure that i dont have SP2 on my machine.

Windows XP Pro setup disks will only work with Windows XP Pro
and not Windows Media Center. Why didn't you make a set of
"rescue disks" when prompted to do so by Partition Magic?

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Michael Stevens]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP