PCI to AGP adapter

NightCabbage1

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2005
So... I want to purchase a new graphics card, and I want to go PCI Express because eventually in the next year I'll be getting a new motherboard with PCI express (and PCI express only, I've looked at the mobos with AGP and PCI and I'm not so pleased as to purchase them).

Problem: I currently have a motherboard that only supports AGP 8x.

Possible solution: Some sort of adapter that goes between your card and the slot, letting me plug my PCI Express graphics card into my AGP slot.

Question: Do those exist?

He wants the inverse and there is nothing for that.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internët account)</i> ! - <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com/" target="_new"><font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil:

NightCabbage1

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2005
This would work great... if I had a PCI Express graphics card and wanted to plug it into my current motherboard. That is not what I'm asking for however. I want to buy a PCI Express graphics card, and need an adapter to plug that card into my current motherboard that has an AGP slot. So in other words... turn that the other way around :)

Another thing I noticed about that adapter you have a link to... it would make the graphics card sit high up and probably wouldn't fit would it? I would have to cut a hole in the back of my case!

RX8

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2004
well the world is not square, you cannot get everything in life but if your that tight on cash this trick will work.

<font color=purple> Dont expect Miracles humans made them. The blind are easily led by the blind </font color=purple>

TRENDING THREADS