Hi all,

I have a Dell Dimension 8300 series with Windows XP Home (German) and
Service Pack 2 with all the latest updates.

I have a Mustek BearPaw 1200CU scanner and when I try to install the driver
and panel from the CD, it aborts in the middle of the installation.

I go to C:\Windows\TWAIN_32 and see a folder called: S6U12K

When I click on the folder, I get an 'Access Denied' error and I cannot
browse the folder or delete it, even in Safe Mode.

How can I solve it?

Thanks,
Ivan

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

IF, you installed XP on a FAT32 partition then you could boot with a DOS
boot floppy from Win ME and delete from the DOS prompt.

"Ivan Debono" <ivanmdeb@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I have a Dell Dimension 8300 series with Windows XP Home (German) and
> Service Pack 2 with all the latest updates.
>
> I have a Mustek BearPaw 1200CU scanner and when I try to install the
> driver and panel from the CD, it aborts in the middle of the installation.
>
> I go to C:\Windows\TWAIN_32 and see a folder called: S6U12K
>
> When I click on the folder, I get an 'Access Denied' error and I cannot
> browse the folder or delete it, even in Safe Mode.
>
> How can I solve it?
>
> Thanks,
> Ivan

Ricky

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2003

This may help..
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421&Product=winxp
In XP Home you have to boot in safe mode to see the security tab. In
XP Pro you have to disable simple file sharing.

| IF, you installed XP on a FAT32 partition then you could boot with a
DOS
| boot floppy from Win ME and delete from the DOS prompt.
|
| "Ivan Debono" <ivanmdeb@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| > Hi all,
| >
| > I have a Dell Dimension 8300 series with Windows XP Home (German)
and
| > Service Pack 2 with all the latest updates.
| >
| > I have a Mustek BearPaw 1200CU scanner and when I try to install
the
| > driver and panel from the CD, it aborts in the middle of the
installation.

| > I go to C:\Windows\TWAIN_32 and see a folder called: S6U12K
| >
| > When I click on the folder, I get an 'Access Denied' error and I
cannot
| > browse the folder or delete it, even in Safe Mode.
| >
| > How can I solve it?
| >
| > Thanks,
| > Ivan

Works like a charm! Thanks a mil!

Ivan

"Ricky" <rsjoiner@no_spambellsouth.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> This may help..
> How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421&Product=winxp
> In XP Home you have to boot in safe mode to see the security tab. In
> XP Pro you have to disable simple file sharing.
>
> "Jerry" <NoSpamChiefZeke@MSN.com> wrote in message
> | IF, you installed XP on a FAT32 partition then you could boot with a
> DOS
> | boot floppy from Win ME and delete from the DOS prompt.
> |
> | "Ivan Debono" <ivanmdeb@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> | > Hi all,
> | >
> | > I have a Dell Dimension 8300 series with Windows XP Home (German)
> and
> | > Service Pack 2 with all the latest updates.
> | >
> | > I have a Mustek BearPaw 1200CU scanner and when I try to install
> the
> | > driver and panel from the CD, it aborts in the middle of the
> installation.
> | >
> | > I go to C:\Windows\TWAIN_32 and see a folder called: S6U12K
> | >
> | > When I click on the folder, I get an 'Access Denied' error and I
> cannot
> | > browse the folder or delete it, even in Safe Mode.
> | >
> | > How can I solve it?
> | >
> | > Thanks,
> | > Ivan

Ricky

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2003

You're welcome..glad it helped. :)

| Works like a charm! Thanks a mil!
|
| Ivan
|
| "Ricky" <rsjoiner@no_spambellsouth.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
| > This may help..
| > How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421&Product=winxp
| > In XP Home you have to boot in safe mode to see the security tab.
In
| > XP Pro you have to disable simple file sharing.
| >
| > "Jerry" <NoSpamChiefZeke@MSN.com> wrote in message
| > | IF, you installed XP on a FAT32 partition then you could boot
with a
| > DOS
| > | boot floppy from Win ME and delete from the DOS prompt.
| > |
| > | "Ivan Debono" <ivanmdeb@hotmail.com> wrote in message

| > and

| > the