Need notebook *BRIGHT* enough for outdoors

Hi there,

I'm looking at a bunch of the current low-end deals they're offering, and
I'm always stuck on something. What degree of the contrast ratio &
luminence metrics are required for outdoor use.

I'm not talking about something with the sun directly shining on the screen.
I'd probably have to go with something mil-spec for that :)

But I *would* like to program on my deck, even on a bright day.

Is that possible these days?

THANKS!!!!

--
Onedoctortoanother:"Ifthisismyrectalthermometer,wherethehell'smypen???"
1 answer Last reply

    "Thomas G. Marshall" <tgm2tothe10thpower@replacetextwithnumber.hotmail.com>
    wrote in message news:wxU5e.2819$ok4.2560@trndny07...

    > Hi there,
    >
    > I'm looking at a bunch of the current low-end deals they're offering, and
    > I'm always stuck on something. What degree of the contrast ratio &
    > luminence metrics are required for outdoor use.
    >
    > I'm not talking about something with the sun directly shining on the
    screen.
    > I'd probably have to go with something mil-spec for that :)
    >
    > But I *would* like to program on my deck, even on a bright day.
    >
    > Is that possible these days?
    >
    > THANKS!!!!

    You may want to check out Fujitsu, especially if you could use a pen
    computer. The older Stylistic series could easily handle the outdoors. The
    ST 3500 is supposed to be one of the best.

    Pagan

Dell Notebooks Computers