Sign in with
Your question

How do you feel about this?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 18, 2005 6:24:09 AM

It's marketing. Ford says their trucks are better than Chevy and vice versa.
September 18, 2005 6:48:27 AM

Nicely summed up.

Some people are like slinkies....
Not really good for anything but you cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Related resources
September 18, 2005 7:16:42 AM

I don't think that Shader Model 3/HDR example helps their cause. Personally the HDR enabled lacks contrast and washed out.
September 18, 2005 7:33:50 AM

Well....I'm going to be a true fanoy, and take it personal....m'kay?

A unified pipeline is coming....expect big things.
September 18, 2005 8:24:17 AM

Good, go start a new thread about it stupid.

September 18, 2005 8:24:37 AM

September 18, 2005 8:25:09 AM

September 18, 2005 8:25:29 AM

:lol: 

September 18, 2005 11:04:19 AM

Nice case, we just brought a DLP HDTV 50 INCH good picture quality.

<font color=purple> Dont expect Miracles humans made them. The blind are easily led by the blind </font color=purple>
September 18, 2005 11:55:43 AM

Thanks for putting down my box dickhead. Since you shared your oppinion, post me a picture of <i>your own</i> machine.

September 18, 2005 12:19:12 PM

Nice Power Rangers case turd.
Quote:
I don't have my dig.

Convenient

A unified pipeline is coming....expect big things.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by GeneticWeapon on 09/18/05 08:20 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
September 18, 2005 12:27:45 PM

You should stick to posting in the <i>other</i> forum...you dont contribute to anything here, and your a stupid phucking moron.

September 18, 2005 5:13:20 PM

I was cracking up about that too! I personally like GW's case but I'm not into the whole neon lights thing since my case is right by my entertainment system and I don't want that [-peep-] bothering me while I watch a movie.

<font color=red><b>Long live Dhanity and the minions scouring the depths of Wingdingium!
a b U Graphics card
September 18, 2005 9:53:41 PM

I got into the Neon thing basically because for a while people wanted them. I basically wanted to have something like that to show them when they came over wanting me to build a system for them. I actually surprisingly ended up quite liking the blue neon for a while. :redface:

My gamer is in an <A HREF="http://www.dvhardware.net/modules.php?name=Reviews&rop=..." target="_new">Antec Plusview 1000 AMG</A> with 5 blue led fans. But my LAN system in the original Antec Lanboy case to me looked much better as I had 2 led fans plus the Antec Blue PS and also a long skinny Cathrode. To me it was just the right touch lighting up the whole inside without being overdone. Only problem is wanting to take loads of time strapping up the wires to where swapping hardware is a pain. But it's been a while since anyone has wanted me to put extra money into neon lights and acrylic panels as apposed to a solid quiet case like a Sonata or just into performance parts.

Anyway, there are some real ugly cases out there nowadays though. Ones with like a 3-4" thick gaudy bezel that resembles toy armor.

<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=658042" target="_new">3DMark05</A> <A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=3781954" target="_new">3DMark03</A>
September 19, 2005 1:16:57 AM

Quote:
Anyway, there are some real ugly cases out there nowadays though. Ones with like a 3-4" thick gaudy bezel that resembles toy armor.

You mean like <A HREF="http://www.xclio.com/img/Clio-silver_ab.jpg" target="_new">this one?</A>

September 19, 2005 1:20:13 AM

Wuzy ur funny. lol

GW chill.

Wuzy your case is powerpuff girl like I have a Thermaltake Xaser 3 with a genuine X perspex side panel with a TT Butterfly PSU with a X perspex panel ahhh haaa and i have black neons to make the water glow more green and the psu has leds to make that glow. haha. To top it off i have had that case for 3 years and it still pawnz your powerpuff girl case no dis inttendid i love you wuzy, lol JOKE.

Ok me tired i go sleep.

<font color=purple> Dont expect Miracles humans made them. The blind are easily led by the blind </font color=purple>
September 19, 2005 1:27:09 AM

Wuzy you cant tell a man from a women when your drunk, let alone a decent case. No offence.

post a link to a site i can put digi pictures on i show you my rig my BIGRIG.

Unless your scared you 9800 pro OC to XT wannabe, yes im bad i have a better case (acting like a very immature boy but being sarcastic voice) and its bigger you little boy. hahahaha i rule the world with my case!!!!!!!!!!

September 19, 2005 2:20:19 AM

Dont tell me to chill n00b.

September 19, 2005 3:58:29 AM

Hey, what's your malfunction? Stop pissing people off.

<font color=red><b>Long live Dhanity and the minions scouring the depths of Wingdingium!
September 19, 2005 4:02:20 AM

Besides the clear window door, that's pretty much what mine looks like. I have the older Antex sx1040.

September 19, 2005 4:02:57 AM

Midlife? Not yet bro, you just need to get laid.

September 19, 2005 9:30:41 AM

WoW you lost the plot u siad noob to me hahahahaha. lol

September 19, 2005 9:43:39 AM

Wuzy theres no plastic inside? what you on about?

Theres a fireball which glows blue on the front which is plastic but i leave that off, i keep the neon crap off i dont bother withat to much anymore.

I went for this case 3-4 years ago because i used to goto a lot of lanpartys and this case is light weight compared to what was being offered at the TIME, actually as i remember at the first year of having this case everyone could not get enough of it at lanpartys especially the psu glowing 7 different colours.

As i remember this was ONE of the first cases with a side window and lightweight to carry, HISTORY BABY.

a b U Graphics card
September 19, 2005 2:01:27 PM

It's not really bothersome anymore. A year or two ago I would've cared, but ATi also had their BS Bingo going on and mention of the Crossfire AA differences, also nV previously 'leaked' their Crossfire DOA powerpoint; so really it's business as usual.

<A HREF="http://www.theinq.com/?article=20980" target="_new">BS Bingo</A> for those of you who missed it. Funny but similar hijinks/FUD (or anit-FUD depending on how you look at it)

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internët account)</i> ! - <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com/" target="_new"><font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil: 
a b U Graphics card
September 19, 2005 2:14:43 PM

Quote:
WoW you lost the plot u siad noob to me

It's called finesse, and your retort lacked it, hence the reaction you got. At least use a smiley if you're going to be brusk/blunt.

If you're not familiar with GW's temperment (think of me on a BAD day) then it kinda reinforces his statement really. :tongue:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internët account)</i> ! - <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com/" target="_new"><font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil: 
September 19, 2005 2:17:22 PM

BLAH BLAH BLAH. really it's the same crap from both companies when it comes to the marketing slander.

the thing that ATI has to deal with is these damn paper launches. it really doesnt help them to say somethings released if it's not. its a good way of scaring away investors.
a b U Graphics card
September 19, 2005 4:30:56 PM

Quote:
the thing that ATI has to deal with is these damn paper launches.

And this is different from nVidia how over the last few generations?

Only recently has nVidia not paper-launched and that was thanks to a brilliant idea of supply the limited number of e-tailers first and then supplying the full retail and OEM chain afterwards. It's likely still the same volume of cards that nV release with the GF6800U/GT at launch only not spread out so thin. We'll see what happens with ATi, but after so long a delay it would be surprising if they don't have large quantities of the X1800XL in the market (both e-tail and retail) and that they at least meet the initial online demand for the X1800XT at it's launch time. Of course it would be best for us all if they can fill the retail pipeline as well, as those merchants are less likely to price-gouge.

September 19, 2005 4:45:27 PM

New pipes. What big things?
September 19, 2005 4:48:45 PM

Looks like my 1080 without the Blus lights.
September 19, 2005 4:53:35 PM

that's becuse he's an obsoleter.
September 19, 2005 4:59:25 PM

With all that paper from nV and ATI. Will keep you nice and warm this winter. Save you big $$$ on your fuel bill. :smile:
September 19, 2005 6:39:36 PM

not my case boozoo, stop drinking it will kill you, my case is the lanparty case it has no plastic its a XASER III Aluminium dont no what case pics you have!

September 19, 2005 6:42:43 PM

You know it better than me hmmm dont think so the pictures you are looking at is not the first gen of the case and its not the second GEN which is what i have .

the pictures you have are of the 4th or 5th gen xaser III case and no you dont know it better than me otherwise you would know this.

Wusy your getting punked by a addict in this forum stop killing yourself.

September 19, 2005 6:46:40 PM

LOL i dont really care but yes i should have put a smiley but forget that to much effort.

People get really heated but its fun to see. hehe.

September 19, 2005 9:19:52 PM

love u man spread the love!

September 19, 2005 9:34:49 PM

You asked for it dude.

...*unzipping sound*...

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")þ(") Be kind to my deformed bunny :frown:
September 20, 2005 12:07:44 AM

rx8 giggles like a panzy.

September 20, 2005 12:50:03 AM

Wow, if I was an ATI Fanboy, I too would agree that "this is all marketing, propaganda bs." But if you really look at it, it really seems to be quite accurate in many cases:

Slide 2.) This is something that really upset me from ATI. I was looking forward to Crossfire, and expected that the date they gave on their site would have *some* credability. But it seems I was dissapointed after August came and still no Crossfire.

Slide 3.) Yes, this one is a bit propaganderous, because of course the Geforce 7800 GTX is going to be faster than the x850, and ATI has yet to release it's competiting product.

Slide 4.) Ok, again, this is a true fact that SLI offers 16 AA while Crossfire only now offers 14 AA.

Slide 5.) Eh, yea, but ATI's upcoming product, what Crossfire was assumably intended for, will sport these features.

Slide 6.) While not at first, this is now true.

Slide 12.) I've heard many statements regarding this...

Slide 19.) Okay, why would Crossfire support nTunes? 0_o

Slide 20.) Damn, she's fine... :p 

SLI has come a *long* way from introduction, and I give nVidia props. And it seems even more improvements are to come:

Quote:
Rel 80 SLI Features - 9/16/05 @ 6:01 pm - By: MikeC - Source: NVIDIA

There is more good news on the horizon for SLI owners as NVIDIA's upcoming Release 80 drivers will contain the following features and enhancements.

TV-out / HDTV-out support for even higher resolution gaming support

Mix and match vendors - for example, pairing an SLI supported graphics card from MSI with one from BFG or XFX

Mix and match framebuffers (via Coolbits) - pairing a 128MB graphics card with a 256MB graphics card

Ability to enable vsync for all Direct3D and OpenGL games

Dynamically enable/disable SLI - rebooting is eliminated!

Primary Display Switching

Auto Display Detection

Linux Support
Also, the number of SLI Optimized games will increase to around 150!

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Gamer_369 on 09/19/05 08:58 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
September 20, 2005 1:43:12 AM

I thought the "80" driver was supposed to be multithreaded?
September 20, 2005 3:12:43 AM

Stop your crying!!!!!!
September 20, 2005 3:21:16 AM

Yes, it is.
September 20, 2005 3:21:31 AM

Quote:
With all that paper from nV and ATI. Will keep you nice and warm this winter. Save you big $$$ on your fuel bill.

Fuel bill? NOOOOO!!!! Use the paper instead of corn cobs. Im from the south, so we still dont have indoor plumbing. Corn Cobs = Chapped ARSE :eek: 

ASUS P5WD2 Premium
Intel 3.73 EE @ 5.6Ghz
XMS2 DDR2 @ 1180Mhz

<A HREF="http://valid.x86-secret.com/records.php?PHPSESSID=792e8..." target="_new">#2 CPUZ</A>
SuperPI 25secs
September 20, 2005 4:06:30 AM

Quote:
Stop your crying!!!!!!

Would you if your case looked like his? :lol: 
a b U Graphics card
September 20, 2005 5:31:03 AM

I won't argue the points we've all been dissapointed with, like expected and actual dates, but there's a few things that are pretty funny and need to be addressed IMO;

Quote:
Slide 4.) Ok, again, this is a true fact that SLI offers 16 AA while Crossfire only now offers 14 AA.

Funny that the 8X AA on the GF6 series was often deemed less effective than the 6X done by ATi's X800series. Guess numbers mean very little on the surface. The GF7 series added NEW methods of AA and that truely changed things for the better, not the 16x BS which still is pitifully slow in comparison. The FireGL and Quadro cards can do in excess of 32X AA and the PArhelia can do 16x AA, yet no one would choose those cards over a GF6800U or X850XTPE for FartCry.

I also love the 'works on all games' statement considering with some games it 'works' but it also reduces performance, so what does that achieve? You can't use it on motion blur or HDR, it's yet to be seen what ATi can do but those are two areas that are being promoted. Of course only time will tell, which is why nVidia releases this now before the cards actually hit the market, which is the usual modus operandi for this stuff from both sides. And speaking of HDR ATi does support it, just not nVidia's chosen method which is Open EXR, which even they didn't support completely until this recent line that can now do FP32+ HDR blending.

Quote:
Slide 6.) While not at first, this is now true.

Still not true until the drivers are certified, but it looks promising, although I still don't believe they'll support HDR and motion blur until they're reviewed to do so. Dumbing down the IQ to improve framerates simply to say it 'works across all apps' isn't acceptable.

Quote:
Slide 12.) I've heard many statements regarding this...

Yeah I've heard alot too, but mainly from people who couldn't tell me two weeks ago what a TMDS was nor the difference between dual link and single link, nor TMDS and RAMDAC. Also it appears that that info was incorrect like the other pre-release smear-view regarding the R520XTs performance.
Also, how long did it take nV to get widescreen support for SLi? Guess they forgot about that.

Anywhoo the FUD and PR will continue long after the cards are released, but more than anything they seem to be grasping at straws if they stick with comparing to last generation cards.

I still don't think SLi and Crossfire matter much to the overall picture but it'll be interesting to see the implementations ,ature side by side instead of one alone. I think the competition will help in even that area as limited as it's support adoption may be.

I still think surround-gaming would be far a far better use of multi-cards, and cause more people to buy additional cards if you could add low-mid range cards toa central powerhouse high-end card.

!