When BTX in Dell 8400?

Last response: in Computer Brands
a b V Motherboard
April 9, 2005 4:13:12 PM

Anyone know when the 8400 (or its successor) will incorporate a BTX
motherboard?

More about : btx dell 8400

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 10, 2005 12:11:09 AM

"Sheldon Shallon" <w6el@dslextreme.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know when the 8400 (or its successor) will incorporate a BTX
> motherboard?

I'd expect soon. Both the 8400 and the 4700 already utilize the 24-pin BTX
power connect....

http://www.formfactors.org/developer/specs/BTX_Specific...

Stew
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 10, 2005 12:11:10 AM

S.Lewis wrote:
> "Sheldon Shallon" <w6el@dslextreme.com> wrote in message
>
>>Anyone know when the 8400 (or its successor) will incorporate a BTX
>>motherboard?
>

> I'd expect soon. Both the 8400 and the 4700 already utilize the 24-pin BTX
> power connect....
>
> http://www.formfactors.org/developer/specs/BTX_Specific...
>

> Stew

Article about rollout. It will happen later this year.

a b V Motherboard
April 11, 2005 12:24:49 PM

"Tom Almy" <webmaster5@almy.us> wrote in message
news:D 39v4h0j86@enews1.newsguy.com...

> Article about rollout. It will happen later this year.

That's interesting. Although since Dell already does a particularly good job
with respect to air flow and quiet cooling, I wonder whether BTX will make
any difference.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 11, 2005 12:24:50 PM

Talkin Horse wrote:
> "Tom Almy" <webmaster5@almy.us> wrote in message
> news:D 39v4h0j86@enews1.newsguy.com...
>
>>Article about rollout. It will happen later this year.
>>
>>http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1783531,00.asp
>

> That's interesting. Although since Dell already does a particularly good job
> with respect to air flow and quiet cooling, I wonder whether BTX will make
> any difference.

Apparently it does. Do a Google search for reviews of the Dimension 5000
(sold in Europe) and Optiplex GX270 (which is BTX in two form factors
now) and see.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 12, 2005 4:08:44 AM

"Tom Almy" <webmaster5@almy.us> wrote in message
news:D 3dt1d01p06@enews3.newsguy.com...

> Apparently it does. Do a Google search for reviews of the Dimension 5000
> (sold in Europe) and Optiplex GX270 (which is BTX in two form factors now)
> and see.

I wonder why they did the roll-out of BOX in Europe prior to America?
Perhaps some EU regulation made the matter of higher priority there? I guess
it's likely their entire global line will be BOX in the reasonably short
term. As far as I've noticed, Dell doesn't generally announce when a new
design is coming down the pipes; it just shows up one day on their web site.
Is that a marketing strategy, to avoid poisoning the sales of existing
lines? Or do I just miss the announcements?
!