When BTX in Dell 8400?

Anyone know when the 8400 (or its successor) will incorporate a BTX
motherboard?
5 answers Last reply
More about when dell 8400

    "Sheldon Shallon" <w6el@dslextreme.com> wrote in message
    > Anyone know when the 8400 (or its successor) will incorporate a BTX
    > motherboard?

    I'd expect soon. Both the 8400 and the 4700 already utilize the 24-pin BTX
    power connect....

    http://www.formfactors.org/developer/specs/BTX_Specification%20v1.0a.pdf

    Stew

    S.Lewis wrote:
    > "Sheldon Shallon" <w6el@dslextreme.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Anyone know when the 8400 (or its successor) will incorporate a BTX
    >>motherboard?
    >

    > I'd expect soon. Both the 8400 and the 4700 already utilize the 24-pin BTX
    > power connect....
    >
    > http://www.formfactors.org/developer/specs/BTX_Specification%20v1.0a.pdf
    >

    > Stew

    Article about rollout. It will happen later this year.

    "Tom Almy" <webmaster5@almy.us> wrote in message

    > Article about rollout. It will happen later this year.

    That's interesting. Although since Dell already does a particularly good job
    with respect to air flow and quiet cooling, I wonder whether BTX will make
    any difference.

    Talkin Horse wrote:
    > "Tom Almy" <webmaster5@almy.us> wrote in message
    >
    >>Article about rollout. It will happen later this year.
    >>
    >>http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1783531,00.asp
    >

    > That's interesting. Although since Dell already does a particularly good job
    > with respect to air flow and quiet cooling, I wonder whether BTX will make
    > any difference.

    Apparently it does. Do a Google search for reviews of the Dimension 5000
    (sold in Europe) and Optiplex GX270 (which is BTX in two form factors
    now) and see.

    > Apparently it does. Do a Google search for reviews of the Dimension 5000
    > (sold in Europe) and Optiplex GX270 (which is BTX in two form factors now)
    > and see.

    I wonder why they did the roll-out of BOX in Europe prior to America?
    Perhaps some EU regulation made the matter of higher priority there? I guess
    it's likely their entire global line will be BOX in the reasonably short
    term. As far as I've noticed, Dell doesn't generally announce when a new
    design is coming down the pipes; it just shows up one day on their web site.
    Is that a marketing strategy, to avoid poisoning the sales of existing
    lines? Or do I just miss the announcements?

Dell Motherboards Computers