OfficeConnect 11g how to access other systems in local net..

Thomas

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2003

Hi,

I have setup a small network with the 3COM OfficeConnect 11g.
The network contains two systems, one is connected with an UTP cable
and the other is wireless.

Both systems can access the Internet without any problems. However, I
can't transfer any data between both systems. The systems both have an
(different) fixed IP (192.168.1.10 and 192.168.1.11). Ping fails on
both systems.

Is it possible to send data between the two systems or isn't it
supported by the this router / gateway?

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

hi thomas,

as stated in my earlier post, i got a office connect 11g ap for some days now.
working perfectly, including connect between wireless and wired clients....
what do u mean with connected with an UTP cable? directly connected to the AP's lan
port, or to a networking component like a switch, which in my case, is the bridge to
my wired lan. i got the 3com AP hooked up to that switch via its lan port, and my
other wired clients are also hooked up on the switch...
anyways, even a direct connect from a client to the AP lan port *should* work IMHO.

regards

Thorsten

Thomas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have setup a small network with the 3COM OfficeConnect 11g.
> The network contains two systems, one is connected with an UTP cable
> and the other is wireless.
>
> Both systems can access the Internet without any problems. However, I
> can't transfer any data between both systems. The systems both have an
> (different) fixed IP (192.168.1.10 and 192.168.1.11). Ping fails on
> both systems.
>
> Is it possible to send data between the two systems or isn't it
> supported by the this router / gateway?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Thomas

Thomas

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2003

Thorsten Peter <boba@apt.mine.nu> wrote in message news:<c6iib1$76v$1@news.uni-kl.de>...
> hi thomas,
>
> as stated in my earlier post, i got a office connect 11g ap for some days now.
> working perfectly, including connect between wireless and wired clients....
> what do u mean with connected with an UTP cable? directly connected to the AP's lan

Just a plain cable between the wired system and the OfficeConnect 11g.
I was hoping the OC11g acts as a normal switch thus allowing transfers
between the clients. The OC11g is connected to an ADSL mode which
provides internet access.

> port, or to a networking component like a switch, which in my case, is the bridge to
> my wired lan. i got the 3com AP hooked up to that switch via its lan port, and my
> other wired clients are also hooked up on the switch...
> anyways, even a direct connect from a client to the AP lan port *should* work IMHO.

When I get you right (correct me when I'm wrong) you have the port I
use for ADSL connected to a switch with wired clients. On my system
the wired client is connected directly to the OC11g.

Thanks,

Thomas

hey thomas,

sorry, but i think we got 2 different systems, i got the Office Connect Access Point
only, u seem to have a wireless DSL Router...so yours got 2 Lan ports? do i get you
right? 1 for adsl uplink and 1 more for internal network?
cause u say that u got the og11 connected to 1 wired client AND to ADSL ?
anyways, i cant help you much without guessing, since i dont know that 3com wireless
router, but i am pretty sure, u should be able to configure the router in a way so
that you can connect a wired client directly....
but as i said, cant give you a clear answer without seeing the routers config with my
own eyes....

regards,

Thorsten