Delete registry spyware

XP, SP2 , Norton Antivirus, MS Antispyware, Safe Mode, MS Registry Adware Tool
I cannot delete the Regitstry keys

ADP UrlCatcher
TBPS Plugin

Which are Adware

Thanks

Ralph
4 answers Last reply
More about delete registry spyware

    While in Regedit what do you see when you right click (on a KEY you are
    trying to delete) and then select PERMISIIONS? Is the Full Control check box
    checked?

    Notice I said KEY (with an icon that looks like a folder).

    --
    Michael

    "Ralph" <Ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > XP, SP2 , Norton Antivirus, MS Antispyware, Safe Mode, MS Registry Adware
    > Tool
    > I cannot delete the Registry keys
    >
    > ADP UrlCatcher
    > TBPS Plugin
    >
    > Which are Adware
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Ralph

    You may also want to try these steps.

    Run MSCONFIG.EXE and disable as many startup applications as possible.

    When you run Ad-Aware SE in Safe Mode, shutdown as many running applications
    as possible prior to running the scan.

    That should completely remove this Spyware.

    Then you can-reanble startup applications in MSCONFIG again.

    Let us know if this helps.

    "Ralph" <Ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > XP, SP2 , Norton Antivirus, MS Antispyware, Safe Mode, MS Registry Adware
    > Tool
    > I cannot delete the Regitstry keys
    >
    > ADP UrlCatcher
    > TBPS Plugin
    >
    > Which are Adware
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Ralph

    What is MS Registry Adware Tool?

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:4D91F550-1791-40AB-BEE2-9CC4A55B9785@microsoft.com,
    Ralph <Ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

    "Ralph wrote:"
    > XP, SP2 , Norton Antivirus, MS Antispyware, Safe Mode, MS Registry Adware
    Tool
    > I cannot delete the Regitstry keys; ADP UrlCatcher and TBPS Plugin Which
    are Adware

    Download HijackThis this program shows all active processes including normal
    system processes, so be sure you know what to delete, then select ADP and
    TBPS and click on Fix checked, them click on Config.... then Backups and
    delete the ADP and TBPS backups... for better results do this in safe mode,
    also check on Start\Run\type; msconfig and hit enter\look in Startup tab and
    disable the adware/spyware processes.... next go to the registry keys shown
    bellow and delete the adware/spyware values and restart the computer.
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads31.html

    Also for more effective antispyware programs install the following programs
    from the same majorgeegks antispyware page. Be sure to update them after the
    installation. Programs are: Adaware SE Personal Edition, Spybot Search &
    Destroy, SpywareBlaster and CWShredder

    Look at these registry keys and delete any suspicious values. active running
    processes like the antivirus with several values, the Office shortcuts bar,
    Messenger and startup programs set values in these registry keys but also
    adware, spyware, trojans and virus show up here so make sure you know what
    to delete.

    You could also take a look on the HKEY_USERS hive in the registry editor..
    you have to look in all the Run keys following the same path as in the
    HKLM or HKCU. The number of Run keys to look into would be according to the
    number of user accounts on your machine.

    "Ralph" <Ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje
    > XP, SP2 , Norton Antivirus, MS Antispyware, Safe Mode, MS Registry Adware
    Tool
    > I cannot delete the Regitstry keys; ADP UrlCatcher and TBPS Plugin Which
    are Adware

    > Thanks
    >
    > Ralph

Registry Windows XP