N56vz won't turn on, please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooo

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012
Hi guys, the other day my new second hand laptop from the states arrived (I'm in aus) it's a n56vz-ds71. I got it from b and h. I booted it up once to see if it worked and it did, so then I turned it off and swapped the hd an ssd, ever since it has been totally dead and showing no signs of life. I changed the hd back, reseated the ram, took the bat out and held the power button etc etc, still totally dead, no lights on the front and nothing happens at all when I press the power button, with or without bat, with or without power cable, no signs of life at all. I checked the plug it's got 19 volts in it.

I forgot to take the bat out when I swapped the hd, maybe something shorted out?? What else could be wrong, what can I check for? Am I up for a new motherboard?

I don't think I can send it to asus to fix as it's a USA one though I will double check this first.

I really hope I can fix it so I don't have to keep using this pos ipad.

Thanks alot, I would appreciate any help or suggestions : )

jonathan_569

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012
did u check for the proper voltage first? and i have swapped my hdd with an ssd while the battery is hooked up and there isnt any problem...

have you checked any of the lights turned on? including the adapter?

Cooo

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012
Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes the adaptor and lead are fine with a lit on the adaptor and 19 volts at the plug, but no lights on the laptop at all.

Thanks

jonathan_569

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012
i'm not so familiar with Aus voltage.. is it 110v or 220v?

if there isnt any light that is on.. then you might have to RMA your unit.. this is an Asus right? and it still has global warranty... so i think you can send it to any Asus shop.. or perhaps you can call tech support... as long as it is registered...

Status
Not open for further replies.