Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

I just did a clean reinstall of Windows xp Home Edtion SP2. Now all of my
folders attributes are read only. I uncheck the read only box click OK then
open the permission sheet and its selected again. What can I do to correct
this.

>...all of my
> folders attributes are read only.

Isn't this normal?

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

As far as XP yes...I have a second computer w/win 2000 and it always run
smooth.

"Michael T" wrote:

> "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >...all of my
> > folders attributes are read only.
>
> Isn't this normal?

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

I just looked @ another xp computer and yes it is the same. I'm tring to
restore a MSMoney file and it can't find the path.."the file is read only"
message comes up. On my win 2k computer I can restore the file OK. Maybe if I
put the file in the C:\ directory instead of a folder it will work. I'll try
that when I get home.. Another advice would be helpful.

"Michael T" wrote:

> "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >...all of my
> > folders attributes are read only.
>
> Isn't this normal?

Give this a look.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320193

>I just looked @ another xp computer and yes it is the same. I'm tring to
> restore a MSMoney file and it can't find the path.."the file is read only"
> message comes up. On my win 2k computer I can restore the file OK. Maybe
> if I
> put the file in the C:\ directory instead of a folder it will work. I'll
> try
> that when I get home.. Another advice would be helpful.
>
> "Michael T" wrote:
>
>> "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >...all of my
>> > folders attributes are read only.
>>
>> Isn't this normal?

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

The program was the same version as the back up. I copied the file to C:/
(not in a folder) and was able to restore it. I had no problem restoring it
w/win 2k only xp. The reason I reinstalled xp, I was unable to download files
from the Internet..I was getting "file is corrupt" messange. After formating
the hard drive and reinstalled xp it solved that problem but then developed
the other. But now everything seems to be OK. Thanks for the help.