Loss of Sound Due to RealPlayer

I was in the middle of playing a CD using realplayer when I loss all sound.
Nothing has brought it back. I Reloaded the drivers...all working.
Reinstalled Realplayer, etc. Still no sound. Help please.
3 answers Last reply
More about loss sound realplayer

    I would start by trying Windows Media Player so you can determine whether
    you have a system problem - or a problem with RealOne Player.

    "jjdaneo" <jjdaneo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I was in the middle of playing a CD using realplayer when I loss all sound.
    > Nothing has brought it back. I Reloaded the drivers...all working.
    > Reinstalled Realplayer, etc. Still no sound. Help please.

    Thanks for the reply. It is a system problem--no sound at all, anywhere. If
    a tree fell in my computer, it wouldn't make a sound.

    "Michael T" wrote:

    > I would start by trying Windows Media Player so you can determine whether
    > you have a system problem - or a problem with RealOne Player.
    >
    > "jjdaneo" <jjdaneo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I was in the middle of playing a CD using realplayer when I loss all sound.
    > > Nothing has brought it back. I Reloaded the drivers...all working.
    > > Reinstalled Realplayer, etc. Still no sound. Help please.

    "jjdaneo" <jjdaneo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I was in the middle of playing a CD using RealOne Player when I loss all
    >sound.
    > Nothing has brought it back. I Reloaded the drivers...all working.
    > Reinstalled RealOne Player, etc. Still no sound. Help please.

    Since your symptoms are so uncommon/mysterious, I would use Google where you
    will find information such as the following:

    ******************

    1. Shutdown the computer.
    2. Unplug the sound card from the system.
    3. Boot to Windows XP.
    4. Remove all sound card related device in the Device manager.
    5. Go to the following registry and remove all sound card related sub-nodes:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\PCI\
    6. Shutdown the computer.
    7. Plug back the sound card.
    8. Boot to Windows XP.
    9. Does the system find new hardware?
    10. If so, follow the steps and point to the driver you have been using.

    ******************

    Look in your BIOS or at the startup screen - see if the computer detects
    something along the lines of 'unknown video device' or 'unknown multimedia
    device'. I had a similar issue with my first Live! Platinum. The 'video
    line' on it (beats me what that is ) was bad. RMA'd it and that's the result
    that came back from Creative with the new card as replacement.

    ******************

    Go to START>SETTINGS>CONTROL PANEL>Double click on "Sounds and Audio
    Devices">Click on "Audio Tab"; Under "Sound Playback" make sure DEFAULT
    DEVICE is the installed sound device for your computer (example: SoundMax
    Digital Audio) If it is not your installed device. click on the drop-down
    list. select your device. At bottom of box. click "APPLY" then click "OK".
    You should now have your sound back. Hope this works.

    Go to Start > Run and type

    Dxdiag.exe

    Click OK

    If you go to the tab "Sound", you can run a test.

Realplayer Support Microsoft CD-Rom Windows XP