COM port associated to USB port - How?

I have loaded some software (Personal Information Editor III) from NEC
(Italy) to allow the PC to talk to my Mobile Phone (e525).
The Phone connects via a USB port and is recognised as an ‘unknown
device’
The NEC program is looking for a COM port to connect to, and can’t
find a valid port.

How do I create a ‘pseudo’ COM port and associate it with a USB port?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-port-USB-port-ftopict550216.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1742320

"MontyTheMariner" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
>I have loaded some software (Personal Information Editor III) from NEC
> (Italy) to allow the PC to talk to my Mobile Phone (e525).
> The Phone connects via a USB port and is recognised as an 'unknown
> device'
> The NEC program is looking for a COM port to connect to, and can't
> find a valid port.
>
> How do I create a 'pseudo' COM port and associate it with a USB port?
>
> --

If it is needed by the software you have loaded then there should be help
with that program. Try looking there first, and also try the device makers
web site.