COM port associated to USB port - How?

I have loaded some software (Personal Information Editor III) from NEC
(Italy) to allow the PC to talk to my Mobile Phone (e525).
The Phone connects via a USB port and is recognised as an ‘unknown
device’
The NEC program is looking for a COM port to connect to, and can’t
find a valid port.

How do I create a ‘pseudo’ COM port and associate it with a USB port?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-port-USB-port-ftopict550216.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1742320
1 answer Last reply
More about port port

    "MontyTheMariner" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
    >I have loaded some software (Personal Information Editor III) from NEC
    > (Italy) to allow the PC to talk to my Mobile Phone (e525).
    > The Phone connects via a USB port and is recognised as an 'unknown
    > device'
    > The NEC program is looking for a COM port to connect to, and can't
    > find a valid port.
    >
    > How do I create a 'pseudo' COM port and associate it with a USB port?
    >
    > --

    If it is needed by the software you have loaded then there should be help
    with that program. Try looking there first, and also try the device makers
    web site.

Comm Port USB Windows XP