Startup Problems for Windows XP

Whenever I startup it takes me first to a black screen saying that it
couldn’t start up correctly and gives me choices of starting it in:
Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, Safe Mode with Command Prompt,
Last Known Good Configuration and "Start Windows Normally"

Well, no matter what I choose it does this each time. Anyone able to
help?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Startup-Problems-Windows-XP-ftopict550453.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1743378

This sounds like something that happened to me before. It is called the
infamous boot loop. From what I am told this can basically happen at any
point with any changes made. Even Windows own automatic updates can cause
this. There is a box that you have to uncheck, I believe that if you click on
My Computer and then go to properties there is a box that you can uncheck
somewhere in there that causes your system to reboot whenever the computer
thinks there is a problem with the program. Look around and find this and
uncheck it, this is very important to not having this happen again.
The bad news is that all you can do is hold F10 while booting up, and then
chose to do a full system recover. When it happened to me, I took it to a
computer repair shop, and they wouldn't even take it. They said they couldn't
charge me for something I could do so easily myself, and that there was no
alternative treatment. I am not a tech myself so you may want a second
opinion before trying such a drastic solution. Sorry, and good luck.

"GiveMeABreak" wrote:

> Whenever I startup it takes me first to a black screen saying that it
> couldn’t start up correctly and gives me choices of starting it in:
> Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, Safe Mode with Command Prompt,
> Last Known Good Configuration and "Start Windows Normally"
>
> Well, no matter what I choose it does this each time. Anyone able to
> help?

> Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Startup-Problems-Windows-XP-ftopict550453.html
> Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1743378

TRENDING THREADS