I have XP pro. I built a new computer but used the old HD and had to
reformat. My prob is Word and Excell are not on there. Anyone know where they
went??? I'm using 2002 version of XP and excel and word where on there befor.

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 20:01:02 -0700, watcher_of_souls wrote:

> I have XP pro. I built a new computer but used the old HD and had to
> reformat. My prob is Word and Excell are not on there. Anyone know where they
> went??? I'm using 2002 version of XP and excel and word where on there befor.

These programs are separate from Windows. You will need to find your
original install media, your license keys and then reinstall them.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

You could try re-installing Excel and Word.. reformatting has a nasty habit
of removing all previously installed programs and data in this way..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland

"watcher_of_souls" <watcher_of_souls@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:CAA6E9CF-87A6-4A63-B1B5-725CC66F1BC3@microsoft.com...
>I have XP pro. I built a new computer but used the old HD and had to
> reformat. My prob is Word and Excell are not on there. Anyone know where
> they
> went??? I'm using 2002 version of XP and excel and word where on there
> befor.

Hi

Word and Excel are not part of XP - they have to be purchased separately.
Have a look through the original CDs that came with your system - you may
find backups for those programs that will enable you to reinstall them.

Perhaps this is what you had:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/howtobuy/basic.mspx

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"watcher_of_souls" <watcher_of_souls@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:CAA6E9CF-87A6-4A63-B1B5-725CC66F1BC3@microsoft.com...
>I have XP pro. I built a new computer but used the old HD and had to
> reformat. My prob is Word and Excell are not on there. Anyone know where
> they
> went??? I'm using 2002 version of XP and excel and word where on there
> befor.

"watcher_of_souls" <watcher_of_souls@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:CAA6E9CF-87A6-4A63-B1B5-725CC66F1BC3@microsoft.com...
>I have XP pro. I built a new computer but used the old HD and had to
> reformat. My prob is Word and Excell are not on there. Anyone know where
> they
> went??? I'm using 2002 version of XP and excel and word where on there
> befor.

If you formatted the drive they were wiped off. Those programs arent part of
Windows XP but are part of Office- reinstall them from your original Office
install CD.

watcher_of_souls wrote:
> I have XP pro. I built a new computer but used the old HD and had to
> reformat. My prob is Word and Excell are not on there. Anyone know where they
> went??? I'm using 2002 version of XP and excel and word where on there befor.

Well, if you formatted the hard drive, you obviously erased Word and
Excel. Reinstall them from the same CD that you used to first install them.

Neither the Microsoft Office application suite, nor any of its
individual component applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access,
Outlook, etc.), have _ever_ been "part" of *any* Windows operating
system. They are, and always have been, separate applications, that
must be purchased and installed separately.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm