I've been trying to decide between ordering the 39-in-1 multi or the
arcadeshop programmable multi. Does anyone know if the control issues
with ms pac-man and galaga have been corrected on the latest 39-in-1
multi? Does ms pac-man have the speed up option? Does galaga have the
fast shoot option?

I got a 9-in1 version about 6-8 months ago, and it really doesn't work
well on fast speed Pac/Ms Pac. There is definitely a lag time between
when I use the joystick and when the character responds, but only in
fast speed.
It's definitely not the joystick either, because it used to be set up
for MAME, and it worked fine with fast speed then.
Slow speed is perfect, though, so I set it as that.
Can't comment on Galaga...fast speed in Galaga makes the game too easy
and boring.

Andy

Yes, you can set fast shoot and fast pac / ms pac. I have a board I'd sell
for $375 shipped if interested.

Andy

<eellenburg@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I've been trying to decide between ordering the 39-in-1 multi or the
> arcadeshop programmable multi. Does anyone know if the control issues
> with ms pac-man and galaga have been corrected on the latest 39-in-1
> multi? Does ms pac-man have the speed up option? Does galaga have the
> fast shoot option?

FWIW, I have used the exact same PCB in 2 different cabs. In my Ms
Pac/Galaga reunion cab, there was noticable delay with the 39-in-1 board.
With the namco board, it played fine. I also put the same exact 39 in 1
into a jamma-tized pac cab, and there was no delay.

<kevinlshirk@aol.com> wrote in message
>I got a 9-in1 version about 6-8 months ago, and it really doesn't work
> well on fast speed Pac/Ms Pac. There is definitely a lag time between
> when I use the joystick and when the character responds, but only in
> fast speed.
> It's definitely not the joystick either, because it used to be set up
> for MAME, and it worked fine with fast speed then.
> Slow speed is perfect, though, so I set it as that.
> Can't comment on Galaga...fast speed in Galaga makes the game too easy
> and boring.

I suspect if you use an original Pac 4 way stick you will get better
response. I use one in my Ms. Pac and it plays well even in fast mode.

Michael