Super Qix - AY-3-8910 for controls?

I have a Super Qix bootleg (single board) where the 'up control
doesn't work. Unfortunately I can't find any schems for it. The
control inputs appear to go via the usual resistor and cap combo and
into an AY-3-8910. This seems unusual as I always thought such a chip
was used purely for handling sound. Anyhow, is this chip likely to be
the culprit or are there any others incolved in the controls circuit?

Thanks

max-man <max-man@hotmail.com> wrote:
: I have a Super Qix bootleg (single board) where the 'up control
: doesn't work. Unfortunately I can't find any schems for it. The
: control inputs appear to go via the usual resistor and cap combo and
: into an AY-3-8910. This seems unusual as I always thought such a chip
: was used purely for handling sound. Anyhow, is this chip likely to be
: the culprit or are there any others incolved in the controls circuit?

It's also got 2 8-bit IO ports.

Most games just use them for Dip Switches.

--
Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu

On 03 Sep 2005 20:50:32 GMT, "Mark C. Spaeth"
<mspaeth@plancherel.mit.edu> wrote:

>It's also got 2 8-bit IO ports.
>
>Most games just use them for Dip Switches.

Thanks. I'll swap out the 8910 in that case.