ZeroCfgSvc MFC Application problem

Mac

Hello all,

Since last week I have a problem while starting my laptop. While
starting a message window appears with the following text:

ZeroCfgSvc MFC Application has encountered a problem
and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Does anyone know what causes this error.
Do I need the "ZeroCfgSvc MFC Application", and if not, how do I
deinstall it?
If I need the application, how can I go back to the situation where it
starts as it should?

Hope someone knows the answer.

Regards,
Michel

If you are not using wireless, you could right click "My Computer" ,
select Manage then in Services change wireless zero item to manual;
then restart P.C.

"Mac" wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Since last week I have a problem while starting my laptop. While
> starting a message window appears with the following text:
>
> ZeroCfgSvc MFC Application has encountered a problem
> and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
>
> Does anyone know what causes this error.
> Do I need the "ZeroCfgSvc MFC Application", and if not, how do I
> deinstall it?
> If I need the application, how can I go back to the situation where it
> starts as it should?
>
> Hope someone knows the answer.
>
> Regards,
> Michel

I also have this exact same problem, also from last week. I am using
wireless, and have updated the drivers but still no help.

Any ideas?

--
ruggedtoast

Michel,
I no longer have the ZeroCfgSvc MFG App eror message.... The last thing
I did was reload all the drivers related to Intel wireless. This is
support software for other wireless functions. In my case, the wireless
still worked for the most part. I have read where this particular .exe
file can consume a lot, most or all of your ram when not working
correctly.
Anyway, I have not had an error message for three (3) days now. So, I
assume reloading drivers has fixed the problem. Sorry I can't tell you
which one. Hope this helps. :)

--
slowboater

Dell Support has a new version of the Intel PROSet/Wireless network
drivers dated 7/6/05. The stupid ZeroCfgSvc has been crashing on me for
months. I just downloaded and installed these drivers and it seemed to
do the trick.

http://tinyurl.com/cvwd4

Jeff
http://www.wsnupdate.com
News and Info on Wireless Sensor Networks

--
Yofnik