Turning it on!

Hi, my laptop with XP home edition recently just decided not to work. i turn
it on, does all the usual stuff, goes onto the windows loading screen, then
it goes on to the blue screen where you choose your user/administartor etc
and it just stays on their until i turn it off. it doesnt auto reboot or
anything, and safe mode does it aswell. i cant even get on to do a system
restore! what do i do!

p.s. if you can help, would you also know how i can do it without losing any
files, as they're extremely important!

adaware error Unable to Log On To Windows XP After Removing wsaupdater.exe:
http://www.lavasofthelp.com/articles/v6/04/06/0901.html

--
Mark L. Ferguson