Hardware Configuration

Dear All,

I have just updated a box from 98 to XP Pro. SP2. All is working fine
except during boot up I get the Hardware Configuration menu and two possible
hardware configurations to load, both of the configurations are called
‘Original Configuration’ and both appear to do exactly the same thing. How
can I stop this menu from displaying every time I start the machine?

TIA
1 answer Last reply
More about hardware configuration

    Duh, this is a "Hardware Configuration" prompt - not an OS prompt of which
    OS to use.
    To the OP - I've only seen multiple hardware configurations where Laptops
    were concerned, and then they only prompted when they couldn't tell whether
    they were in the docking station or not.
    If, as you say, they both had the same configuration (boot to both and
    verify in device manager), then you can safely delete one or the other and
    it will cease to prompt you.

    --

    Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

    http://www.google.com
    Google is your "Friend"

    "Matt Dolan" <Matt.Dolan@ArgentaDiscovery.com> wrote in message
    Hi Matt,

    Right click on My Computer choose Properties then select the Advanced tab.

    Click on the Settings box in the Startup and Recovery section.

    Finally, remove the tick for the Time to Display List of Operating Systems
    option.

    Cheers

    >>> Matthew<Matthew@discussions.microsoft.com> 27/06/2005 11:36:04 >>>

[...]

Hardware Configuration Windows XP