Hi all,

I bought a Black Widow a few months back that played blind.
The wg 6100 had spot killer on with no chatter or heater glow, only a
dot in the center screen. Turning up the brightness had no effect. I
ordered a deluxe cap kit and finally attempted my first vector repair.

All went well and I was excited to see the game come up. The only
remaining issue is that the screen seems slightly slanted. I reflowed
all solder to the pin conectors and double checked my work before I
powerd up

The screen looks bright and crisp otherwise. Any help would be
greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Tony.

Try adjusting the trimmer pots (little dials) on the Black Widow
motherboard - they are located in the vector generator portion of the
board and if out of adjustment, can cause the screen image the distort.

Steve P.

Mike

Splendid

If the shape of the image is fine, just rotated a bit...simply
(carefully) rotate the yoke till the picture is level.
It might be a little loose and you may have bumped it when you did the
rebuild. Hope that helps,
mike

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 21:47:12 -0400, tonyd <tonyd2084@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I bought a Black Widow a few months back that played blind.
>The wg 6100 had spot killer on with no chatter or heater glow, only a
>dot in the center screen. Turning up the brightness had no effect. I
>ordered a deluxe cap kit and finally attempted my first vector repair.
>
>All went well and I was excited to see the game come up. The only
>remaining issue is that the screen seems slightly slanted. I reflowed
>all solder to the pin conectors and double checked my work before I
>powerd up
>
>The screen looks bright and crisp otherwise. Any help would be
>greatly appreciated
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Tony.

Steve,

That did the trick. I adjusted the Y BIP pot and everthing is as it
should be. I must have not been thinking clearly as I have 2 other
vectors.

Thanks Steve, and to Mike for replying.

Tony

On 3 Sep 2005 19:05:47 -0700, "Steve Prendergast"
<stevenprendergast@gmail.com> wrote:

>Try adjusting the trimmer pots (little dials) on the Black Widow
>motherboard - they are located in the vector generator portion of the
>board and if out of adjustment, can cause the screen image the distort.
>

>Steve P.

TRENDING THREADS