Wavy Pacman screen problems

Hi,
I have a Pacman cocktail table that something in the machine made a
hiss, fizzle, pop noise and the monitor went dead , but you can hear
the game still. I put in another G07 monitor board to test the monitor
and it came right up, But now there is sort of a Sine wave effect on
the screen (not a sync problen wave.). The picture is great except for
the slow wave across the screen during gme play.

Any Idea what it is, looks like all the grounds are connected, no blown
fuses...???

Thanks in advance,
Jay

If the problem did not exist prior to the original chassis going out, you
probably need to do a cap kit on the chassis. Also, it sounds like your
flyback went out on your original chassis.

Thomas

<experimental208nd@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have a Pacman cocktail table that something in the machine made a
> hiss, fizzle, pop noise and the monitor went dead , but you can hear
> the game still. I put in another G07 monitor board to test the monitor
> and it came right up, But now there is sort of a Sine wave effect on
> the screen (not a sync problen wave.). The picture is great except for
> the slow wave across the screen during gme play.
>
> Any Idea what it is, looks like all the grounds are connected, no blown
> fuses...???
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Jay

Hum bars?

Try cleaning all of the fuse blocks in the power supply - remove each fuse,
mechanically clean the socket and contacts and fuses themselves
(Scotch-Brite) and replace. More involved methods also exist.

http://users.erols.com/mowerman/pacfile.htm#Plays,%20But%20Vertical%20Hum%20Bar%20(Scrolling